- SSL Nightmares (02 May 2013)
Here we'll talk about what SSL is, some of the perils while using it, and how to set up mutual authentication with Ruby's net-http library.
- Method Signatures You Can Sink Your Teeth Into (07 Mar 2013)
Let's review various ways to create methods in Ruby!
- Code Metrics and You (03 Jan 2013)
Here we'll go over some of the rudiments of code metrics. Learn how to detect overly complex code.
- Try and Try Again (15 Oct 2012)
I'll breifly go through a simple implementation of the NullOjbect pattern. Also some refactoring. :)
- Pry 102: Advanced Features (03 May 2012)
Give this link a click if you are interested in learning more about the advanced features of the ruby REPL Pry.
- Hitchhiker's Guide to Metaprogramming: Class/Module Hooks (23 Apr 2012)
I wrote another article for Rubysource about metaprogramming in ruby. In part one of this series I cover some of the basic class/module hooks. Maybe you should check it out. ;)
- Introducing Pivot.js (10 Apr 2012)
Here I'll talk a little bit about Pivot.js a new reporting library that let's you create extremely flexible reports on the fly.
- Zero to Jekyll in Twenty Minutes (04 Apr 2012)
Hey everyone I've posted an article over on Rubysource.com be sure to check it out.
- New Site, New Style (22 Mar 2012)
I've migrated Run With It to jekyll. The migration introduces a bunch of changes that will let me write more while still keeping the code clean.
- Setting Up a Remote Environment (20 Mar 2012)
Here I'll show you how easy it is to set up an alternate remote dev environment in Rails. Allowing you to work from home. ^_^
- Introducing EspnRb (12 Mar 2012)
Announcing EspnRb my wrapper around the ESPN developer API. It covers some basic usage examples and where you can learn more about it.
- Life in a shade of ruby (27 Feb 2012)
Conway's Game of Life is a mainstay in Hacker culture. Here I'll go in depth about it's rules and my implementation.
- Omniauth and Other Drugs (08 Feb 2012)
Hello everyone, I'm back. Here to share a neat piece of code with you. It isn't very practical but it illustrates how easy it is to use Omniauth
- Back Soon (30 Nov 2011)
- Man and Ruby (17 Nov 2011)
If you've had any experience with Unix operating systems you undoubtedly know the value of a good man page. Here I'll show you how to incorporate man pages into your work flow and maybe even author your own.